Has your partner been bugging you about getting that old rust bucket off your driveway? Perhaps you’re sick of the side-eye glances from your neighbors every time they pass your house. If you’re putting off scrapping your old car, this is your sign to take the leap. If not for the neighbourhood, then for your wallet. Getting cash for scrap cars is an easy way to earn some profit and regain space on your property.
With that being said, many scrap cars date back decades. If your car has been out of commission for several years, it’s understandable that your keys may have become misplaced. If you’re scratching your head wondering how you’re going to move this car without keys, we’ve got the solution for you.
I’ve Lost My Car Keys…What Now?
It happens more than you think! When your car is rotting in the garage or on an abandoned piece of land, misplacing your keys is a real possibility. But that bears the question: can I scrap a car without keys?
Yes, you absolutely can. While towing a car is typically easier with keys in hand, losing your keys is not the end of the world. If your goal is scrap car removal, then a reputable company can tow the vehicle, with or without the keys. Here’s what you need to know about scrapping without keys:
1. How to Scrap Without Keys
No keys? No problem. As long as you have a piece of valid photo ID from the BC government, we can assist with your scrap car removal. Luckily, there’s leniency with scrap car removal. When you hire We Do Recover Towing, we can assist with removing your unwanted scrap vehicle to save you the stress.
2. Will I get Less Without Car Keys?
When looking for cash for scrap cars, it’s understandable that you’re worried about your payday being affected when the keys are missing. While it likely won’t have a major impact, it’s possible that the value of your scrap car will decrease without the keys. For example, if we need to break into your vehicle to tow it, this requires more labour and less scrap value. However, this is dependent on the situation and varies car to car. To get an accurate assessment of your scrap car’s value, contact us directly.
How the Scrapping Process Works
Scrapping unwanted vehicles is a simple process when handled professionally. At We Do Recover Towing, getting cash for scrap cars is typically done in five stress-free steps:
- Reach Out. The first step is to contact us directly to secure a quote on your scrap car. During this, we’ll ask about the make, model, year, condition, and placement of your scrap vehicle. This will give us a general assessment of your vehicles value and the equipment we’ll need to safely remove it.
- Arrange Collection. Step two is finding a time to collect. We pride ourselves on being a flexible company who works for your convenience. Based on the location of the scrap vehicle and our schedules, we can pick a good time to drop by to remove the scrap car.
- Valid BC License. Once we arrive for collection, we’ll ask for a piece of photo ID. This needs to be valid and distributed from the BC government or else we’re unable to remove your scrap car.
- Cash For Scrap Cars. Here comes the fun part! After checking your ID, we’ll assess the vehicle and give you cold hard cash in exchange.
- Towing. Once your pockets are full of cash, we hook the car up to our tow truck and remove the vehicle from your property. There’s nothing more to it! After you get the cash, we take care of the rest.
Ready For Junk Car Removal?
With or without your car keys, you can still earn a buck from your old scrap car. When looking for cash for scrap cars in Langley, Aldergrove, Abbotsford, and surrounding areas, our team is quick, efficient, and happy to help! Reach out today for a quote on your scrap car!